Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Portsmouth barber: GOP candidates a cut above

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. ? John Russo won?t let Democratic candidates through the door and he makes the Republicans come to him. He?s got that kind of power as the owner of John?s Barbershop in the heart of the city.

?I said you tell John McCain if he wants to see me to be in the barbershop by 8,? Russo said with a laugh, recounting a story from the 2008 primaries. ?He comes in at 8:20 and says, ?I?m sorry I?m late, I got your message, but I?m sorry for being late.? ?

The barber of 56 years will be voting for the Romney/Ryan ticket tomorrow, but that?s not the case with all his customers.

?I?m a yellowtail Democrat,? said George Bailey while getting his hair cut. ?I made up my mind when I was about 18.?

A few other customers trickled in, all telling the Herald they were voting for Obama, while John crossed his arms and sat across the room.

?If you close out all the Democrats,? said Tell White from the barber chair, ?You?ll have to close the shop.?

?I don?t think so,? Russo shot back.

Source: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view.bg?articleid=1061172426&srvc=rss

torrey smith torrey smith oakland raiders Jessica Lange NFL scores week 3 kat dennings Steve Sabol

No comments:

Post a Comment